...........................................................................

Thanks for stopping by! Always click "Read More!" for the full story! Happy reading!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

10 Dating Tips for the Christian Man video

This is one of the funniest things I have seen about Christian dating tips.  It's well worth the few minutes it will take you to watch.  The description says it is based on dating tips from the 1960s but slightly modified.  Egad!

This little shrt flick is peppered with subtle sarcasm which makes it uberfun!  Remember to pray before your date.  If you are truly saved you haven't even thought about an unsupervised date until you are 21.  For a Christian man every date is a potential mate!  And don't forget to grill her!



Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment! Commenting is now open to everyone! (Write to me for advice! SavvySingleChristian@yahoo.com)

4 comments:

ChristianDatingResilience said...

Hi Savvy!

This is Emily/Exchurchmouse. I just started a blog for Christian singles over 25 years old that will focus on providing nonjudgmental support and open dialogue about being a Christian and single and wanting a long term partnership.

Thank you for sharing this video - it is quite funny! It kind of reminds me of my days at a very conservative, King James Version only fundamentalist church - which also was on the news a few years ago because of sexual abuse done by one of the staff/clergy. Repression never works.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing what you have to say about my new blog: Christiandatingresilience.wordpress.com

Have a great weekend!
Emily

SavvyD said...

I was wondering what happened to you. There were several people I considered to be good blog friends. Some I had to part ways with over ideological differences, but I wish everyone well. I will stop by. There are a ton of defunct blogs these days!

Meowchie's Hideout said...

I really liked it when you said, "every date is a potential mate" which I would only add, even for girls it's applicable. For Christians, we should not enter a relationship just to add on "my ex's list" or just to try. It's always trying and pursuing if possible. I'm glad there's lot of writers still concern about the choosing of mate, especially among the Christian youth. They need these advice in this modern and very liberated world. God bless :)

Christian Dating

SavvyD said...

Hi Meowchie,

This video is made tongue-in-cheek and meant to be funny. The house they show as an establishing shot is the Brady Bunch house from television. The filmmaker portrays the idea of spending hours in prayer over dating as ridiculous. I personally think that whether or not a date leads to marriage involves multiple factors beyond what many Christians are taught to look for.

I can see why you missed that my other post was about what the Asian filmmaker presented in her videos since you also seemed to miss that this video was making fun of these attitudes. I can't make everyone happy.